2nd International Alexander Glazunov Youth Music Competition (October, 2017)
October 2 – 4, 2017
Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire
Leningradskaya str., 16
Republic of Karelia, Russian Federation
• Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
• Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Karelia
• The Federal State Budgetary Higher Education Institution «Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire»
• Experimental school of the Shanghai Conservatory "Anshi", China
• Beijing "Yizhangmen" Arts of the Education Technology Co., Ltd
• Regional Professional Institution "Petrozavodsk Rautio Music College”
AIMS OF THE COMPETION:
• to identify and support the most talented, promising young performers in different regions of China and Russia, the CIS and foreign countries;
• to promote a unique brand of the Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire on the international educational market;
• to foster and mould an artistic taste, to engage a larger number of performers with the best traditions of musical and choreographic art;
• to contribute to development and popularization of the musical culture of China and Russia, as well as of the classical music of the world;
• to share best practices in the field of music education and performing arts;
bull; to create conditions for developing and strengthening artistic relationships in the field of the professional music education between the specialists of the Republic of Karelia and the People's Republic of China.
The Competition is open to all music lovers, pupils of children's music schools and schools of arts, students of musical colleges, colleges of art, creative universities, professional performers. The Competition is open to musicians of all countries of the world.
CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITON
The competition will be held from October, 2nd to October 4th , 2017. The competition is open to both Russian and foreign performers and ensembles, age and performing programs corresponding with the present general rules.
The age limit of participants on September 1st, 2017 is from 5 to 40 years.
The Competition is conducted in the following sections:
Section I - folk orchestra instruments,
Section II - strings,
Section III - piano,
Section IV - brass,
Section V - voice,
Section VI - pop music.
The Competition is conducted in the following age categories:
- up to 7 years old;
- 8-9 years old;
- 10-11 years old;
- 12-13 years old;
- 14-15 years old;
- 16-17 years old;
- 18-23 years old;
Group D: 24-30 years old;
Group E: 31- 40 years old.
Auditions will be held in public venues in Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russian Federation.
The Competition calendar is set by the Organizing Committee. The competition is carried out in two stages for participants older than 18 years old.
The total duration of each program:
• Group A - up to 5 min;
• Group B - up to 7 min;
• Group C I - up to 10 min;
• Group C II - up to 15 min in each stage;
• Group D - up to 15 min in Stage 1 and up to 20 min in Stage 2;
• Group E - up to 20 min in each stage.
Repertoire in Groups A and B is at the discretion of the competitor. The program in Groups C, D and E should include pieces of different style at the discretion of the competitor with a compulsory large scale piece (two parts of a concerto or a sonata or three parts of a suite) or a polyphonic piece (for piano and accordion) included in Stage 1.
All repertoires in the Competition should be played by memory. Works performed in Stage 1 may not be repeated in Stage 2. Performance of a work by Alexander Glazunov will be taken into the account by the Competition jury.
All performances are evaluated by 25-point scale.
All winners are awarded the title "Laureate of the Competition". Winners of the Stage 1 are awarded the title “Diploma holder of the Competition”. All participants are awarded with Certificates for participation in the Competition. Teachers and concertmasters of the winners are awarded the Diplomas for the successful training of the winner. The winners have a right to take part in the final concert of the Competition.
The jury has following rights:
• to award not all the prizes;
• to divide the award between the contestants;
• to award diplomas for the best performances;
• to award a special prize for the best performance.
Decisions of the jury are final and are not subject to review.
Government, public organizations, as well as legal and private entities and persons can establish special prizes and provide one-time financial support to the participants of the Competition.
The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to the audio and video materials of the Competition, as well as their future use at any time without payment of any remuneration to participants.
All current information about the Competition is posted on the official website of the Conservatoire at www.glazunovcons.ru in the section “2nd International Alexander Glazunov Youth Music Competition”.
Applications marked "to the Glazunov Competition" should be sent before September 15th, 2017 to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: 185031, Republic of Karelia, Petrozavodsk, Leningradskaya str. 16, Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire.
An applicant should submit:
• An application form;
• A brief artistic CV including name and surname of the instructor and concertmaster;
• Personal photo (jpeg format, not less than 400 kb);
• Copy of a birth certificate or passport (original presented in person at the registration);
When registering an contestant is obligated to submit an original passport or birth certificate, as well as an original document proving payment of the participation fee.
The entry fee for participants (foreign citizens):
• up to 17 years-5000 (five thousand) rubles,
• over 18 years-8000 (eight thousand) rubles.
• up to 10 persons - 20000 (twenty thousand) rubles,
• up to 20 persons - 40000 (forty thousand) rubles.
• over 31 persons - 60000 (sixty thousand) rubles.
Individuals’ entrance fee can be covered through a bank transfer in rubles to the Conservatoire’s account (bank details are available at the Competition web-page)
Legal entities should pay off the registration fee by bank transfer under contract with the Conservatoire.
In case of refusal to participate in the competition documents and the entry fee are not returned.
ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE IN SHANGHAI (CHINA)
Address: Room 201, Lane 123, Hengbang Rd., Hongkou District, Shanghai, China
Tel: + 86 21 56 66 41 77
Public WeChat number: Arts-Youth (yishuqingshaonian)
ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE IN BEIJING (CHINA)
Address: Beijing, Haidian Area, Tsinghua East Road, DongWang village, No.15 Zhongguancun Institute of Culture and Creative Industry Research Center 430.
ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE IN RUSSIA
Russian Federation, Republic of Karelia, Petrozavodsk, Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire, Leningradskaya str., 16.
Tel./fax + 78142 672367
E-mail: email@example.com (to the Glazunov Competition)