How to apply for a Master’s degree
Deadlines applied to all applicants
8 – 25 July 2021
Extra deadline applied to international students
26 – 30 August 2021
- Diploma of Bachelor’s degree in music. You may also go for 10 – month Preparatory course at the conservatoire or request for individual music lessons.
- Knowledge of Russian at the Intermediate level is required. It is recommended to start your Russian language classes at least a year before you apply. You may also go for 10-month Russian Language Preparatory course at the conservatoire.
- Video recording of applicant's performance (2 or 3 pieces in avi/ mp4/ fvl format) for preliminary presentation
- A copy of passport (clear scan of the two-page spread)
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Photo in JPEG, PNG (3x4) to be printed in 4 copies upon arrival
- A copy of Diploma of Bachelor’s degree including final transcript of grades/marks with apostille stamp / legalization
- Russian translation of the diploma and the transcript attested by the notary
- Russian translation of the passport attested by the notary
Entrance examinations requirements in Russian
- Written test. Test of Russian as a foreign language. The First Certificate Level (B1)
- Presenting a short report on one's choice of profession
- Brief conversation on music history (biography and works of the authors whose works were performed in the audition program)
53.04.01 Instrumental Arts – Piano
- a prelude and fugue (Bach, Shostakovich, Hindemith, Slonimsky, Shchedrin or other)
- a classical sonata (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven)
- a free form music composition by a composer of the 19th – 20th centuries
53.04.01 Instrumental Arts – Strings
53.04.01 Instrumental Arts – Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion
53.04.01 Instrumental Arts – Folk Instruments
53.04.02 Vocal Arts– Academic singing
- a classic aria by Russian composer
- a classic aria by Western European composer
- a romance by Russian composer of the 19th century
- a romance by Western European composer of the 19th century
- a romance by a composer of the 20th century or a folk song
53.04.04 Conducting - Choral Conducting
Video recording requirements
The full programme according to the study program requirements must be recorded in the video. Each movement/piece in the video recording must be unedited, but you may cut in between movements/pieces. The recordings may have been done over time and in different places.
The video(s) must be marked with the date(s) of recording and the name of the performer.
The video(s) must be submitted through Youtube or a similar platform. The video link(s) must be open and not encrypted or password protected. They must be available for the full admission period, until 30 August 2021.
International Admissions Adviser
Head of Admissions
Authorized person to deal with the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation on visa issues