The 8th "Silver Sounds" Competition
The 8th International Competition of Solo Musicians - Winds, Brass and Percussion performers
March 27th - 31st, 2017
Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia
The Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Karelia, The Petrozavodsk K.E. Rautio Musical College, Culture Department of the Petrozavodsk City Administration, Children’s Music School # 1 named after G.N. Sinisalo, Education Department of the Petrozavodsk City Administration and the Creative Arts Palace for Children and Young People of Petrozavodsk hold the 8th International Competition of Solo musicians, Wind and Percussion Performers of the "Silver Sounds" Program.
The objectives of the Contest:
- to contribute to the development and promotion of wind music;
- to strengthen friendly ties between the musicians from different countries;
- to promote wind and percussion music performance;
- to detect the most talented young wind music performers;
- to develop music and aesthetic taste of young people.
Terms of the Contest
Winds, brass and percussion performers who are 30 years old and younger can participate in the contest.
The Contest is held in several instrument categories – recorder, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, French horn, trumpet, alto, tenor, baritone, trombone, tuba, percussions, and in five age groups:
- age group I – junior children’s group – up to and including 11 years old
- age group II – medium children’s group – up to and including 13 years old
- age group III – senior children’s group – up to and including 15 years old
- age group IV – young people’s (junior category) – up to and including 20 years old
- age group V– young people’s (senior category) – up to and including 30 years old. In this group the starting age is not limited.
The age groups of contestants will be defined as of March 27th, 2017.
The application package must be sent by e-mail or by post to the Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire until February 1, 2017.
The registration fee is 2000 rubles for groups I, II, III, IV and 3000 rubles for the group V.
Should an applicant refuse to participate in the Contest, no documents or the participation fee are returned or refunded.
Traveling, board and lodging expenses for contestants, accompanists, teachers and other escorting persons shall be borne by the delegating organizations.
The Organizing Committee will book a hotel for the non-resident contestants. The need in accommodation and number of persons is to be specified in the application form.
Organizing Committee of the "Silver Sounds" Competition, Petrozavodsk State Glazunov Conservatoire, Leningradskaya str., 16, Petrozavodsk, 185031, Republic of Karelia, Russia
Phone: +7 8142 672367
More information here