9th International "Silver Sounds" Contest for Woodwinds, Brass and Persussion (festival), 2019
The 9th International Festival of musicians playing wind and percussion instruments, instruments of variety orchestra and traditional (folk) wind instruments of the program “Silver Sounds” will be carried out in the city of Petrozavodsk, the capital of the Republic of Karelia, from March 27th to March 31st, 2019.
Regulations for carrying out of the IX International Festival of musicians playing wind and percussion instruments, instruments of variety orchestra and traditional (folk) wind instruments of the program “Silver Sounds”
Organizers of festival:
- The Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation;
- Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Petrozavodsk state conservatory named after A.K. Glazunov”;
- Culture department of the Administration of Petrozavodsk municipality;
- Municipal educational institution of additional education “Children’s music school No. 1 named after G. Sinisalo” of the city of Petrozavodsk;
- Education department of the Administration of Petrozavodsk municipality;
- Municipal educational institution of additional education “Creative hall for children and young people” of the city of Petrozavodsk.
1. Aims and goals of the festival:
- Promotion of the development and popularization of wind music;
- Development of relations in the sphere of creativity both nationally and internationally;
- Enrichment of the repertoire of soloists and wind music groups;
- Activation of members of wind music groups while preparing and carrying out public holidays;
- Promotion of growth of performance art with the help of a range of workshops with leading teachers of Petrozavodsk and Saint Petersburg conservatories, Gnessin Russian Academy of Music, the Conservatory of Turku - Finland, and the University of Duluth - USA.
2. Program of carrying out of the festival:
Within the framework of the festival, there will be:
1. Concert-parade of wind orchestras.
2. Scientific and practical conference (history, methodology, musical pedagogy) on the matter of performance of wind and percussion instruments, instruments of variety orchestra, traditional (folk) wind instruments in three groups:
1 - children (students of music schools, art schools for children, institutions of additional education and junior grades of music colleges);
2 - students (students of music colleges, music universities, postgraduates, assistants and trainees of music universities)
3 - teachers, performers, concertmasters (teachers of music schools, art schools for children, institutions of additional education, music colleges, music universities).
Participation in absence is allowed. Following the results of the conference, it is planned to publish conference information package. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to select materials for publication in the collection of articles.
Speech shall be sent with the application form in electronic format. The text of the speech at the conference is presented in electronic and paper versions. Speech time at plenary and breakout sessions is not more than ten minutes.
3. Concerts of soloists.
4. Concerts of ensembles.
5. Concert of combined wind orchestra of the festival.
6. Open lessons and workshops of teachers and professors of Petrozavodsk and Saint Petersburg conservatories, Gnessin Russian Academy of Music, the Conservatory of Turku - Finland, the University of Duluth - USA, Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali A. Toscanini di Ribera - Italy.
3. Rules of procedure of the festival:
Musicians playing wind and percussion instruments not older than 35 years old inclusive, as well as laureates of the competitions of soloists and ensembles “Silver Sounds” regardless of age can participate in the festival concerts. For participants playing in wind orchestras there is no age limit.
All participants of the festival at the age of 12 and older are the members of combined wind orchestra. Participants of the festival under the age of 12 years can be the members of combined wind orchestra optionally.
4. Program requirements:
1. The program of the performance of wind orchestra should not exceed 20 minutes. The Organizing Committee recommends to include the defile at the site of 8 m x 20 m in the performance.
2. The program of solo performance should be composed of 1-2 compositions with a total running time of not more than 10 minutes.
3. The program of ensemble performance should be composed of 1-2 compositions with a total running time of not more than 10 minutes. Duets shall consist musicians playing wind and percussion instruments, or instruments of variety orchestra or traditional (folk) wind instruments.
The trio or any other larger ensemble is allowed to include one concertmaster playing any instrument.
4. The program of performance of the combined wind orchestra of the festival:
(You can find the program of the combined wind orchestra on the website of Petrozavodsk conservatory – glazunovcons.ru Projects – Festivals in November 2018)
5. Encouragement of participants of the festival:
Under the decision of the expert commission and the organizing committee, soloists and groups will be awarded certificates and diplomas of the festival.
6. Financial conditions:
Expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence of the festival participants shall be covered by the sending party.
The entrance fee of the festival participants is:
for soloists - 800 rubles, for ensembles - 1500 rubles, for orchestras - 2000 rubles.
Upon receipt of the application, the Organizing Committee will provide you with the details of the bank account to which the entrance fee shall be transferred.
Applications for participation in the festival are accepted by e-mail email@example.com. The application shall be filled following the form (clause 9).
The deadline for submitting applications is February 1st, 2019 (address of Petrozavodsk state conservatory named after А.К. Glazunov: Russia, 185031, Karelia, the city of Petrozavodsk, Lelingradskaya str., 16. For more information: (8142) 67-23-67)
Application is enclosed with:
1. A copy of the birth certificate or passport of soloists and members of ensemble, a list of the orchestra with the indication of full name of members, date of birth, instrument and part played.
2. Photo of soloists, ensemble, orchestra.
The organizing committee assists non-resident participants in the search for a hotel and other places of residence. The need for assistance and the number of places shall be indicated in the application and reported to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org