How to apply for a Bachelor’s degree
Deadlines applied to all applicants
8 – 25 July 2021
Extra deadline applied to international students
26 – 30 August 2021
- General musical training. In addition to your general music training you may go for 10 – month Preparatory course at the conservatoire.
- Diploma of complete secondary education
- The minimum age of study is 18 by August 30 in the year of joining the conservatoire. There is no upper age limit for applicants.
- Knowledge of Russian at the Pre-Intermediate level is required - Test of Russian as a Foreign language. It is recommended to start your Russian language classes at least a year before you apply. You may also go for 10-month Russian Language Preparatory course at the conservatoire.
- Video recording of applicant's performance (2 or 3 pieces in avi/ mp4/ fvl format) for preliminary presentation
- A copy of passport (clear scan of the two-page spread is required)
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Photo in JPEG, PNG (3x4) to be printed in 4 copies upon arrival
- A copy of Diploma of complete secondary education including final transcript of grades/marks with apostille stamp / legalization and, if applicable, diploma from an accredited specialized music institution
- Russian translation of the diploma and the transcript attested by the notary
- Russian translation of the passport attested by the notary
Entrance examinations requirements in Russian
- Written test. Test of Russian as a foreign language. Basic level (A2)
- Presenting a short report on one's choice of profession
- Brief conversation on one of the everyday topics
Solfeggio Shì chàng liàn ěr
- написать одноголосный диктант в форме периода протяженностью 8 тактов, содержащий альтерацию и модуляцию в тональность I степени родства (диктант проигрывается 8 раз, время выполнения ‒ 25 минут);
- петь и определять на слух все виды гамм, диатонических ладов, мажорную и минорную пентатонику;
- петь и определять на слух любые интервалы, все виды трезвучий с обращениями;
- петь с листа двухголосные примеры, включающие отклонения и модуляции в родственные тональности.
53.03.02 Instrumental Performance – Piano
- a prelude and fugue (Bach, Shostakovich, Hindemith, Slonimsky, Shchedrin or other)
- part of a classical sonata (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven)
- a technically-demanding etude
- a free form music composition (Chopin, Liszt, Tchaikovsky or other)
53.03.02 Instrumental Performance – Strings
- two etudes or caprice (for example by Jakob Dont Op.35, Pierre Gaviniès, Niccolò Paganini, Charles Dancla, Veniamin Sher)
- two movements (fast and slow) from a sonata or partita for violin solo by Bach;
- 1st, or 2nd and 3rd movements from a concerto (for example by W.A. Mozart, Felix Mendelssohn, Henri Vieuxtemps, Camille Saint-Saëns, Henryk Wieniawski, Aram Khachaturian, Sergei Prokofiev)
- a 3-octave or a 4-octave scale with all kinds of arpeggios and double-stops.
53.03.02 Instrumental Performance – Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion
53.03.02 Instrumental Performance – Folk Instruments
53.03.03 Vocal Performance – Academic singing
- a classic aria by Russian composer or by Western European composer
- a romance
- a folk song
53.03.05 Conducting – Choral Conducting
Video recording requirements
The full programme according to the study program requirements must be recorded in the video. Each movement/piece in the video recording must be unedited, but you may cut in between movements/pieces. The recordings may have been done over time and in different places.
The video(s) must be marked with the date(s) of recording and the name of the performer.
The video(s) must be submitted through Youtube or a similar platform. The video link(s) must be open and not encrypted or password protected. They must be available for the full admission period, until 30 August 2021.
International Admissions Adviser
Head of Admissions
Authorized person to deal with the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation on visa issues